The Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission (MCMC) is inviting all eligible researchers to submit research proposals under the Digital Society Research Grant programme (DSRG).
The Call for Proposals (CFP) will be open for a period of 1 month:
- starting from Monday, 1 March 2021 and
- closes at 12:00 pm on Wednesday, 31 March 2021.
PURPOSE OF DSRG
The DSRG builds the research evidence base necessary to promote and improve our understanding of the human and social factors, which affects and contributes to the adoption and usage of digital technologies and services. In so doing, DSRG funded research works provide inputs in ensuring that the advancements in communications infrastructure and services contribute to the inclusion and participation of all segments of the population in the realisation of a Digitally Connected and Informed Society (Digital Society).
2021 RESEARCH FOCUS
For 2021, MCMC is seeking a combination of both OPEN and GUIDED research projects to clarify regulatory and developmental gaps and inform actionable outcomes in the following two categories:
- Digital Citizenship and Cyberwellness research is aimed at clarifying gap areas influencing participation, positive uptake and wellness in an increasingly digitally dependent world and
- Digital Inclusion research is aimed at gap areas related to factors that impede equality of access and challenge the paradigm of ensuring that no one is left behind or is deprived of digital connectivity and its benefits.
2021 RESEARCH TITLES
For the full list of research areas and titles click here
Applicants are strongly encouraged to refer to the Application Guide before submitting the application. The Application Guide and Proposal Submission Form can be downloaded here:
- 2021 DSRG Application Guide Document
- 2021 DSRG CFP Proposal Submission Form
SUBMISSION AND ENQUIRIES
Completed proposals and queries are to be sent in via e-mail to email@example.com and marked 2021 DSRG SUBMISSION or 2021 DSRG QUERY respectively.
Alternatively, if you would like to talk to one of our secretariat personnel for queries on DSRG 2021, please call any of the following officers during regular office hours: Ms Atiqah Nabilah Mohd Salleh at 03-86887854/Mrs. Dayang Aidah Awang Piut at 03-86888064/ Ms. Norizan Ab Rahman at 03-86888354/ Mr. Zachary Malik at 03-8688 8263.