The Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission (MCMC) is inviting all eligible researchers to submit research proposals under the Digital Society Research Grant (DSRG) programme.
A. SUBMISSION PERIOD
The Call for Proposals (CFP) will be open for a period of 1 month:
- starting from Tuesday, 1 March 2022 and
- closes at 5:00 pm on Thursday, 31 March 2022.
B. PURPOSE OF DSRG
The DSRG builds the research evidence base necessary to promote and improve our understanding of the human and social factors, which affects and contributes to the adoption and usage of digital technologies and services. In so doing, DSRG funded research works provide inputs in ensuring that the advancements in communications infrastructure and services contribute to the inclusion and participation of all segments of the population in the realisation of a Digitally Connected and Informed Society (Digital Society).
C. 2022 RESEARCH FOCUS
For 2022, MCMC is seeking GUIDED research projects to clarify regulatory and developmental gaps and inform actionable outcomes in the following category:
- Digital Citizenship and Cyberwellness research is aimed at clarifying gap areas influencing participation, positive uptake and wellness in an increasingly digitally dependent world.
D. 2022 RESEARCH TITLES
- DCC-1: Exploration and Identification of MCMC Brand Health amongst the Industry and Public Sector
- DCC-2a: Are Malaysians Still Watching TV News? (focus on States and Federal Territories in West Malaysia)
- DCC-2b: Are Malaysians Still Watching TV News? (focus on Sarawak)
- DCC-2c: Are Malaysians Still Watching TV News? (focus on Sabah and Federal Territory of Labuan)
- DCC-3: Practice of Networked Content Self-regulation amongst Malaysians Users
- DCC-4: Industry Approaches in Handling Child Online Exploitation and Abuse
- DCC-5a: Readiness of the Workforce and Future Skilled Labour Competency Areas for 5G Network Deployments - An Assessment of Challenges
- DCC-5b: Readiness of the Workforce and Future Skilled Labour Competency Areas for 5G Network Deployments – An Assessment of 5G Pilot Projects and Trial Demonstrations: Workforce Issues, Challenges and Opportunities
- DCC-5c: Readiness of the Workforce and Future Skilled Labour Competency Areas for 5G Network Deployments – Case Study of Service Providers Experiences related to 4G Network Tower Infrastructure Deployment
- DCC-6: Availability and Effectiveness of Skills and Competency Programmes contributing to Workforce Preparedness for 5G Deployment
- DCC-7: Assessment of Competency Gap to Enhance Workforce Performance in 5G Vertical Areas and Applications
E. CFP DOCUMENTS AND APPLICATION GUIDES
Applicants are strongly encouraged to refer to the Application Guide before submitting the application. The Application Guide and Proposal Submission Form may be downloaded here:
- DSRG 2022 Application Guide (Added Research Objectives 5 and 6 to DCC-1 (Page 18))
- DSRG 2022 Proposal Submission Form
F. DSRG INFORMATION SESSION
G. SUBMISSION AND ENQUIRIES
Completed Proposals and Queries are to be sent in via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
and marked DSRG 1/2022 SUBMISSION
or DSRG 1/2022 QUERY
respectively. You may also refer to the FAQs here.
Contacts (office hours only): Ms Atiqah Nabilah Mohd Salleh at 03-8688 7854 / Ms. Bawani Sri Jayaveeran at 03-8688 8470 / Mr. Zachary Malik at 03-8688 8263 / Mr. Hidayat Fahmi at 03-8688 7968.