The Malaysian Communications and Multimedia Commission (MCMC) is pleased to invite all eligible researchers to submit a research proposal(s) under the Digital Society Research Grant (DSRG) programme.
A. PROPOSAL SUBMISSION PERIOD
The Call for Proposals (CFP) will be open for a period of one (1) month:
- Open: Tuesday, 01 August 2023; and
- Close: Thursday, 31 August 2023, at 5:00 pm.
B. PURPOSE OF DSRG
The DSRG builds the research evidence base necessary to promote and improve our understanding of the human and social factors which affect and contributes to the adoption and usage of digital technologies and services. In so doing, DSRG-funded research works provide inputs in ensuring that the advancements in communications infrastructure and services contribute to the inclusion and participation of all segments of the population in the realisation of a Digitally Connected and Informed Society (Digital Society).
C. DSRG 2023, CYCLE 2 RESEARCH FOCUS
For DSRG 2023, Cycle 2, MCMC is seeking GUIDED research projects to clarify regulatory and developmental gaps and inform actionable outcomes in the following categories:
- Digital Citizenship and Cyberwellness (DCC) aims to clarify gap areas influencing participation, positive uptake and wellness in an increasingly digitally dependent world.
- Digital Inclusion (DI) seeks to clarify regulatory and developmental gaps in areas related to factors that impede equality of access and challenge the paradigm of ensuring that no one is left behind or is deprived of digital connectivity and its benefits.
D. DSRG 2023, CYCLE 2 RESEARCH TITLES
List of research related to Digital Citizenship and Cyberwellness (DCC)
List of research related to Digital Inclusion (DI)
- DCC-1: Comparison of Consumers’ Awareness, Perception, Intention and Participation of E-Waste Recycling Amongst Rural and Urban Malaysian Users
- DCC-2: Enhancing Digital Media and Information Literacy in Malaysia: A Framework and Roadmap for Klik Dengan Bijak Initiative
- DI-1: Free-To-Air Channel: Uses, Motivation and Gratifications of Users in the Northern Region of Peninsular Malaysia
- DI-2: Feasibility of Resource Sharing in Courier Industry – An East Malaysia Outlook
- DI-3: Assessment of Primary Healthcare Accessibility in Rural Areas
- DI-4: Big Data in the Telecommunications Sector in Malaysia: Leveraging Geospatial Data for Optimisation and Decision-Making
- DI-5: Enhancing Malaysia's Postcode System: A Geospatial Solution for Improved Precision and Efficiency
- DI-6: A Study on the Demand for Mobile Services in Sparsely Connected Remote Areas Across Malaysia
- DI-7: Exploring the Impact of Artificial Intelligence Adoption in the Communications and Multimedia Industry
- DI-8: Factors Promoting and Hindering the Implementation of Pick-Up and Drop-Off Services Related to Courier Services Deployed at Pusat Ekonomi Digital in Sabah
For more details on the gap area, targeted research subjects, problem and context, and desired research aims and objectives, please refer to the DSRG 2023, Cycle 2 Application Guideline
in the download link below.
E. CFP DOCUMENTS
Applicants are strongly encouraged to refer to the Application Guideline before submitting the application. The Application Guideline and Proposal Submission Form may be downloaded here:
- DSRG 2023 Cycle 2 Application Guideline
- DSRG 2023 Cycle 2 Proposal Submission Form
F. DSRG INFORMATION SESSION
G. SUBMISSION AND ENQUIRIES
Completed Proposal Form and othe supporting documents are to be sent in via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
and marked "DSRG 2023/2 SUBMISSION"
For any queries, kindly e-mail email@example.com
and mark “DSRG 2/2023 QUERY
” as the email subject line.
Alternatively, you may also refer to the FAQs here.
Contacts (office hours only): Ms. Kasthuri Sri Tharan at 03-8688 8497 / Ms. Bawani Sri Jayaveeran at 03-8688 8470 / Mr. Hidayat Fahmi at 03-8688 7968 / Pn. Atiqah Nabilah Mohd Salleh at 03-8688 7854.